Vehicle Technologies Office Issues Notice of Intent for Program Wide Funding Opportunity Announcement
The Vehicle Technologies Office has issued a Notice of Intent (No. DE-FOA-0001462) to make interested parties aware of its plan to issue a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) entitled “FY 2016 Vehicle Technologies Program-Wide Funding Opportunity Announcement.” The information contained in the notice is subject to change.
As this is only a notice of intent, applications and questions are not currently being accepted for this FOA. Prospective applicants to the FOA should begin developing partnerships, formulating ideas, and gathering data in anticipation of the issuance of this FOA. It is anticipated that this FOA will be posted to the EERE Exchange website in January 2016.
It is anticipated the FOA will include the following areas of interest:
- EV Everywhere Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) and Infrastructure Showcases
- Grid Modernization for Electric Vehicles
- Accelerated Development and Deployment of Low-Cost Automotive Magnesium (Mg) Sheet Components
- Corrosion Protection and Dissimilar Material Joining for Next-Generation Lightweight Vehicles
- Advances for the Production of Low Cost Electric Drive Vehicle Motors
- Development of Advanced High-Voltage Electrolytes and Additives, Solid State Electrolytes and Lithium Metal Protection
- Advanced Battery Component Material Diagnostics
- Advanced Battery Materials Modeling
- Enabling Technologies for Engine and Powertrain Systems
- Emission Control Strategies for Advanced Combustion Engines
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Workplace Safety Programs
- Open Topic/Exploratory Research
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review the full NOI posted to EERE Exchange to learn about steps that can be taken to prepare for applying to the potential FOA. Information is also available on Grants.gov.